Saturday, December 17, 2011

Banana bread mishaps.

So today started out fine. Counting down the days to Christmas, watching Friends on my laptop (cause I LOVE that show). My mom decided she wanted to make banana bread today cause the bananas were getting spotty. I don't know about you but I love the baking days. The house is warm and smells sweet and amazing and the best thing to do is stay in your most comfy sweat pants with a thick pair of wool socks on your feet. So just as she mashed up the bananas and the sugar she got called in to work and I was left to make the bread. So with my laptop on the island and Friends playing, I get to work. Measure the flour then sift 4 1/2 cups of it with salt and cinnamon and baking soda. Can you say muscles? Mix the rest of the banana bread yummy-ness and pour into prepared pans. When the timer beeps use a toothpick to check its done right? Here's a tip for you, make sure the toothpick actually goes in the garbage..

I did all that and set it out to cool. I go outside and grab the loafs after 22 minutes of Friends ("I'm the Holiday Armadillo!"). They do look yummy! As I'm walking by there is sudden intense pain in my foot and it feels like the biggest splinter I have EVER had! Trying not to just drop the bread on the floor, I hop to the counter, set them down and then plop on the floor to inspect this intense pain. All while fighting back tears and saying some very un-lady-like words.  And what do I see but half a toothpick sticking out of my nice wool socks! I kind of just stared at it for a few seconds, unsure if I wanted to call my brothers in to pull it out or just suck it up and do it myself. I went with the latter and thought I might faint. I yank of my sock to look at the giant hole I'm expecting to see, luckily there wasn't much blood, it's just incredibly sore. 

For your viewing pleasure:
That's how much toothpick was in my foot. 
It was an eventful day =] Hope you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment